IETF WG Charter

"R.E. (Robert) Moore (254-4436)" <REMOORE@ralvm6.vnet.ibm.com> Fri, 02 May 1997 16:07 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 10:28:01 -0400
From: "R.E. (Robert) Moore (254-4436)" <REMOORE@ralvm6.vnet.ibm.com>
To: snanaumib@external.cisco.com
Subject: IETF WG Charter

Since *nobody* has responded to my earlier note on a charter, I'm about
to have to move into "silence is consent" mode.  I'm attaching below a
slightly updated version of the charter, to give you one more chance to
comment.  The updates are all in the Goals and Milestones section:

  -  Since Randy is currently consumed with SNMPv3 work, I bumped the
     dates for the DLUR and HPR MIBs' going to the IESG back a couple of
     months.

  -  I went ahead and included advancement of the APPC MIB to Draft
     Standard for December.  After thinking about it some more, I decided
     that instrumentation of the APPN control sessions by routers and
     other network boxes does qualify as legitimate implementation
     experience.  One thing we may run into, though, is that with no
     implementation experience for the MIB groups (CPIC and
     conversations) that apply only to end-user sessions, we may be
     required to remove these groups from the MIB before it progresses to
     Draft Standard.

  -  I added a second Internet-Draft for the EBN MIB in October, since
     that seems to be how we've proceeded with our other MIBs.

It's gotten to be time to start our planning for AIW 14.  In addition to
getting Closed Pages on the EBN MIB, I think we should start compiling
our implementation experiences for the APPC and APPN MIBs.  I'm don't
know if there's a standard template for these, but I'll find out before
the meeting.

In the absence of comments on the charter by the first part of next week,
I'm going to submit it to our Area Director.

Thanks,
Bob
+++++++++++ SNA NAU MIB WG Charter (Draft 1) +++++++++++++++++++++++
SNA NAU Services MIB (snanau) Charter

Chair(s)

     Robert Moore <remoore@ralvm6.vnet.ibm.com>

Routing Area Director(s):

     Joel Halpern <jhalpern@newbridge.com>

Mailing List Information

     General Discussion:snanaumib@external.cisco.com
     Archive: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/snanaumib/mail-archive

Description of Working Group

The SNA NAU MIB Working Group is chartered to define a set of managed
objects for SNA Network Accessible Units.  These objects will provide the
ability to monitor and control those devices, providing fault,
configuration, and performance management, and will be consistent with
the SNMP framework and existing SNMP standards.

The working group has completed MIBs for base SNA NAU functions, for LU
Type 6.2 or APPC (Advanced Program-to-Program Communication), and for
APPN (Advanced Peer-to-Peer Networking).  MIBs for Dependent LU Requester
(DLUR) and for HPR (High Performance Routing) are nearing completion.
The working group is currently working on a MIB for APPN Extended Border
Node (EBN).

The working group will make sure that its work is aligned with the SNA
DLC MIB Working Group, due to the close relationship between the devices
being worked on by the two groups.

Goals and Milestones

Done
     Begin discussion of proprietary MIBS and develop a single proposal.
Done
     Post an Internet-Draft of the SNA NAU Services MIB.
Done
     Submit the SNA NAU Services MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed
Standard.
Done
     Post proprietary MIB modules.
Done
     Develop and post a single proposal for structure of the MIB module.
Done
     Meet at IETF to review proposed structure/walk through.
Done
     Post Internet-Draft of the APPC MIB.
Done
     Post second Internet-Draft of APPC MIB.
Done
     Meet at IETF to review MIB (if necessary).
Done
     Achieve consensus on the final Internet-Draft.
Done
     Post Internet-Draft of the APPN MIB.
Done
     Submit APPC MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Done
     Post second Internet-Draft of APPN MIB.
Done
     Post third Internet-Draft of APPN MIB.
Done
     Post Internet-Draft of DLUR MIB.
Done
     Post Internet-Draft of HPR MIB.
Done
     Submit APPN MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Done
     Post second Internet-Draft of DLUR MIB.
Done
     Post second Internet-Draft of HPR MIB.
Jul 97
     Submit DLUR MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Jul 97
     Submit HPR MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Aug 97
     Post Internet-Draft of EBN MIB
Oct 97
     Post second Internet-Draft of EBN MIB
Dec 97
     Submit EBN MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Dec 97
     Submit APPC MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Draft Standard.
Dec 97
     Submit APPN MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Draft Standard.

Current Internet-Drafts

     Definitions of Managed Objects for APPN (214585 bytes)
     Definitions of Managed Objects for HPR (60281 bytes)
     Definitions of Managed Objects for DLUR (30852 bytes)

Request for Comments

     Definitions of Managed Objects for SNA NAUs using SMIv2 (RFC 1665) (133381 bytes)
     Definitions of Managed Objects for SNA NAUs using SMIv2 (RFC 1666) (134385 bytes)
     Definitions of Managed Objects for APPC (RFC 2051) (239359 bytes)