SNANAU WG consensus on draft-ietf-snanau-hprmib-02.txt

"R.E. (Robert) Moore (254-4436)" <REMOORE@ralvm6.vnet.ibm.com> Wed, 28 May 1997 12:50 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 08:30:11 -0400
From: "R.E. (Robert) Moore (254-4436)" <REMOORE@ralvm6.vnet.ibm.com>
To: jhalpern@newbridge.com, scoya@ietf.org
cc: snanaumib@external.cisco.com
Subject: SNANAU WG consensus on draft-ietf-snanau-hprmib-02.txt

First, thanks for your help with progression of the APPN MIB.  Now
that it's been approved as a Proposed Standard, is there anything more
that I need to do, or do the WG and I just sit back and let it move up
through the RFC editor's queue?

As I predicted last week, the HPR MIB now joins the DLUR MIB with SNANAU
WG consensus for progression to Proposed Standard.  Since I don't quite
remember when in the process I submitted them before, I've attached below
the text for you to use when the DLUR and HPR MIBs get their IESG
approval for Proposed Standard status.  I wasn't sure whether to describe
Randy as a Routing Area reviewer, or as a reviewer for some sort of
virtual NM Area associated with the NM Area Advisory Team, which, I
believe, was supposed to continue in existence after the demise of the NM
Area itself.  Feel free to make these parts of the announcements say what
they should.

Thanks,
Bob Moore
SNANAU WG chair

    The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft "Definitions of Managed
    Objects for DLUR" <draft-ietf-snanau-dlurmib-02.txt> as a Proposed
    Standard.  This document is the joint product of the SNA NAU Services
    MIB (snanau) Working Group and the APPN MIBs Special Interest Group
    of the APPN Implementers Workshop.  The IESG contact person is
    Joel Halpern.

  Technical Summary

    This specification defines an extension to the Management Information
    Base (MIB) for use with SNMP-based network management.  In
    particular, it defines objects for monitoring network devices with
    Advanced Peer-to-Peer Networking Dependent LU Requester (APPN DLUR)
    capabilities.

    This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is both compliant
    to the SNMPv2 SMI, and semantically identical to the SNMPv1
    definitions.

  Working Group Summary

    This document reflects the consensus of the working group.  There
    were no issues raised during the last call.

  Protocol Quality

    This MIB was reviewed by Randy Presuhn for the IETF Routing Area,
    and by Joel Halpern for the IESG.

    The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft "Definitions of Managed
    Objects for HPR" <draft-ietf-snanau-hprmib-02.txt> as a Proposed
    Standard.  This document is the joint product of the SNA NAU Services
    MIB (snanau) Working Group and the APPN MIBs Special Interest Group
    of the APPN Implementers Workshop.  The IESG contact person is
    Joel Halpern.

  Technical Summary

    This specification defines an extension to the Management Information
    Base (MIB) for use with SNMP-based network management.  In
    particular, it defines objects for monitoring and controlling network
    devices with Advanced Peer-to-Peer Networking High-Performance
    Routing (APPN/HPR) capabilities.