Re: Default manager. -Reply

wkchan@neramal.po.my Sat, 31 May 1997 03:42 UTC

From: wkchan@neramal.po.my
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 09:26:03 +0000
To: O.Miakinen@frcl.bull.fr
Cc: scshin@songgang.skku.ac.kr, snmpv2@tis.com
Subject: Re: Default manager. -Reply
Sender: owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com

>What particular behaviour should have an agent against a "default
>manager" ?
The sending of trap messages and not polling process by the NMS
station.

Actually, I would like to know whether we can change or add or delete
default trap  IP address destination of a  SNMP agent ( using SNMP set-
commands) .
Once you get a Manager running ( HPOpenView,SPectrum, Sunnet
manager, NETview etc) . It can configure all the switch to sent their trap
to manager. No need to telnet to all devices and configure or configure
multiple traps destination to all the devices
Is this is possible.? if it is possible, I would like to know which MIB
variable does it refering to.?

>I don't understand what you mean by "default manager". Usually,
>several managers can perform requests simultaneously to a given
>agent. Moreover, it is generally possible to configure agents so
                                                                       ^^^^^^^^^
>that they send the traps to all the managers.
You said configure. In what way it is done ? Via telnet , console or SNMP
set commands.

>>> "O.Miakinen@frcl.bull.fr" 05/30/97 06:53pm >>>

--
              (o o)                              (o o)

Regards,
Chan Wai Kok
NERA Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
5th Flr, Syed Kechik Foundation Building,
Jln Kapas, Bangsar 59100
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
tel: 603-2523211.  fax :- 603-2525171.