Problem to register/include a private MIB

"farooq.yousuf" <farooq.yousuf@cressoft.com.pk> Fri, 11 April 1997 05:19 UTC

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 16:05:58 -0800
From: "farooq.yousuf" <farooq.yousuf@cressoft.com.pk>
To: snmp@lists.psi.com, snmpv2@tis.com, snmpv3@tis.com
Subject: Problem to register/include a private MIB
Sender: owner-snmpv3@ex.tis.com

     Hello Friends,

     We are trying to include a Toaster MIB (an example provided by windows
     NT) in file MIB.BIN so that we can access it.(Following the procedure
     written in the documentation of MSDN and MSVC 4.2). Mibcc compiler
     compiles that mib and writes it to the file MIB.BIN. We also registered
     the toaster DLLs file in the registry editor of Windows NT. But when the
     manager request a "getnext" (1.3.6.1.4.1.12) object identifier from
     agent we get the value of (1.3.6.1.4.1.77.1.1.1.0) object identifier
     which is present in LanManager mib.
     The tree structure of mib after private node is

     12 -> Toaster
     77 -> LanManager
     311 -> Microsoft's Wins mib.

     On request of get, getnext or walk the application directly jumps in to
     LanManager and not to Toaster and wins and any other.

     Please, tell us that how can we include our own private MIB and access
     them as we are accesing LanManager. This is somewhat ironical that when
     we compile and include the LanManager mib (Lmmib2.mib) the application
     works properly, but when we include any other mib alone or alongwith
     lanmanger, these other mibs are ignored but LanManger is accessible,
     although we tried the same procedure for every mib.

     Any comments/help will be appreciated.

     Thanx.

     from