GateD and SNMP

owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com Thu, 05 June 1997 13:42 UTC

From: owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:28:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: snmpv2@tis.com
Subject: GateD and SNMP
Cc: skh@merit.edu
Sender: owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com

J. IxeCool:

GateD is SNMP enabled.  GateD comes into
two flavors:

	- public (anonymous ftp)
	- Consortium (member-only)

Membership for Academic and Research
is free.  The term Academic and Research
is very broad allowing all but the actual
use in products and ISPs.

The public gated (current version 3.5.5) uses the
ISODE SMUX.   Merit has a release of the ISODE 8.0
available in case you can't find a good release.

We've trimmed down the ISODE to a minimal set
to use gated.  Long range, Merit plans to move
to the UCD SNMP data base.  Our newer Consortium
releases this summer will provide CMU SNMP.

As funding allows, we will consider moving this
SNMP agent back into the public domain.

I hope this answers the questions you raised.
Please contact me if you wish more information.

Sue Hares