Re: [Softwires] introduction and endorsement for MAP

John Berg <j.berg@CableLabs.com> Tue, 30 June 2015 23:29 UTC

From: John Berg <j.berg@CableLabs.com>
To: Suresh Krishnan <suresh.krishnan@ericsson.com>, "softwires@ietf.org" <softwires@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:29:34 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.5.0.27]
Subject: Re: [Softwires] introduction and endorsement for MAP

Thank you Suresh and others who have responded to my inquiry.  This is
very good news and I am happy to hear these will become RFCs soon.  MAP is
being viewed as the most favorable solution for IPv4/IPv6 co-existence by
operators who have deployed extensive IPv6 only networks.  The benefit of
this technology is a great step to move the industry forward.

Best Regards,

John Berg

CableLabs
Lead Engineer ­ Network Technologies