Re: [Softwires] WGLC for draft-ietf-softwire-yang-04 as Standard Track, closed by 27 June 2018

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Wed, 27 June 2018 03:59 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: Softwires WG <softwires@ietf.org>
CC: "softwire-chairs@ietf.org" <softwire-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 03:59:45 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.185.119]
Subject: Re: [Softwires] WGLC for draft-ietf-softwire-yang-04 as Standard Track, closed by 27 June 2018

As the document shepherd, I have reviewed this document. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments. In general, I think this document is in a good shape. The YANG model is well defined and clearly described.
Here are some minor issues, mostly editorial, although there is 1 error report by the IETF Yang validation tool. It should be easy to be fixed, I blieve

There are some minor comments below, most of them are editorial.

Section 2.1
It may be better to add the statement names in the description of choice statement:
  a choice statement 'ce-type' is included for ...
  a choice statement 'data-plane' is included to ...

"For each module, a choice statement is included for either 'binding' or 'algorithmic'."
But in Table 1 it is 'algorithm'. Maybe 'algorithmic' should be changed to 'algorithm'.

Section 2.2
The reference to Appendix A.3 should be Appendix A

Section 3.1
"for all of the softwire mechanisms listed in Section 1"
It may be bette to avoid self citation and just list the mechanisms here.

"Figure 1 describes the tree structure of the CE softwire YANG module"
It's better to unify the terminology as "Softwire CE YANG Module"

Section 3.2
In the paragraph of "softwire-path-mru:":
It's confusing here whether the MRU is for IPv4 or IPv6.

There are two "br-ipv6-addr" defined. It may be better to add different prefixes or suffixes into the names, but I'm also OK with the current names.

In the paragraph of "ce-binding-ipv6-addr-change:":
"binding-ipv6-address" is not defined in the whole document. It should be explained.

Section 4.2
"in Figure 1"
should be "in Section 3.2"

"for logging/data retention purposes" -> "for logging or data retention purposes"

"between 3-tuples, which contains the lwB4's IPv6 address..." -> "between 3-tuples: the lwB4's IPv6 address..."

"softwire-num-threshold"
>From the description, I think it may be better to rename it to "softwire-num-max".
In the paratraph of "invalid-entry, added-entry, modified-entry:":
"the client" -> "the NETCONF client"

Appendix A.1
"lwB4 IPv6 Address:          123"
What's the "lwB4 IPv6 Address" here?

Appendix A.2
"for the clients" -> "for the CEs"

Appendix A.3
The same "lwB4 IPv6 Address" issue
And the PSID and PSID offset should be provided in the example.

Cheers,

Sheng