[Softwires] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-iftunnel-06: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 12 June 2019 19:57 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-softwire-iftunnel@ietf.org, Yong Cui <cuiyong@tsinghua.edu.cn>, softwire-chairs@ietf.org, cuiyong@tsinghua.edu.cn, softwires@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 12:57:46 -0700
Subject: [Softwires] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-iftunnel-06: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-softwire-iftunnel-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-iftunnel/

COMMENT:

I agree with Tom Petch that adding "tunnelType Registry" or "tunnelType
Definitions" more prominently on the IANA website is advisable.

On a more general note, it's pretty weird to me to go and create a
registry with a fairly long list of initial population but then claim
that it is not intended to be complete and should be supplemented by
additional registrations for existing protocols.  Either it should be
complete, or we can just have a small sample of initial registrations to
"get a feel" for what they look like and what needs to be included.
Then, most registrations would be done as standalone registrations and
it would not feel like the outliers were getting rejected.

Appendix A

The example module's namespace was not changed to reflect the move away
from ietf-*.