Re: [Softwires] Fw: I-D Action: draft-mawatari-softwire-464xlat-00.txt

MAWATARI Masataka <mawatari@jpix.ad.jp> Mon, 28 November 2011 02:43 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:43:03 +0900
From: MAWATARI Masataka <mawatari@jpix.ad.jp>
To: nejc@skoberne.net
Cc: softwires@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Softwires] Fw: I-D Action: draft-mawatari-softwire-464xlat-00.txt

Dear Nejc,

Thank you for your comment at this list and IETF 82 meeting.
Sorry. We could not explain well at the venue.

We will clearly write our motivation and our reasons for using
combinational existing techniques (RFC 6145 & 6146) in 464XLAT draft.
Most points are described by Cameron. Thanks.

As you said, 464XLAT is partly similar to DS-Lite. But 464XLAT can
separately utilize CLAT (Customer side equipment) and PLAT (Provider
side equipment). This means that IPv4 address sharing (4-6-4) and
IPv4/IPv6 translating (4-6 and 6-4) at the same time. This is most
different from DS-Lite. So it would not make sense to merge.

If you have any idea, please continuously share.

Kind Regards,
Masataka MAWATARI

* On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:40:28 +0100