Re: [Softwires] New Version Notification for draft-mdt-softwire-map-translation-00.txt

Congxiao Bao <cx.cernet@gmail.com> Thu, 19 January 2012 04:01 UTC

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 12:01:39 +0800
From: Congxiao Bao <cx.cernet@gmail.com>
To: Leaf yeh <leaf.y.yeh@huawei.com>
Cc: "softwires@ietf.org list" <softwires@ietf.org>, "map-dt@external.cisco.com team" <map-dt@external.cisco.com>, Wojciech Dec <wdec@cisco.com>, "fine_sz@huawei.com" <fine_sz@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [Softwires] New Version Notification for draft-mdt-softwire-map-translation-00.txt

Hi Leaf,
Thanks for your comments. Please see in lines:

2012/1/13 Leaf yeh <leaf.y.yeh@huawei.com>

> Comments and Questions:
>
> 1. Section 7.3 - Translating IPv6 Address and Port Number into IPv4
> Address and Port Number at the BR
>
> <quote> At the BR, the IPv4 source address MUST be derived from the IPv6
> source address (IPv4-translatable address) as per BMR MAP
> [I-D.mdt-softwire-mapping-address-and-port].
>
> I suppose there is no BMR at BR, BMR sounds MAP-rules at CE, right? If
> yes, the above 'BMR' should be FMR.

 Ok, We will sync with MAP document.

> 2. Section 7.4 - Translating IPv4 Address and Port Number into IPv6
> Address and Port Number at the CE / IPv6 Destination Address and
> Destination Port Number:
>
> <quote> If matching, the IPv6 destination address (IPv4-converted address)
> MUST be derived from the IPv4 destination address and the destination port
> number per FMR.
>
> I guess the above 'IPv4-converted address' might be 'IPv4-translatable'
> address per the address type and format definition in section 7.1.

In RFC6052, we defined IPv4-converted address for default mapping rule
(DMR), which includes the IPv4-translatable address used by other hosts
behind translators, defined as FMR in MAP-T, therefore we agree to change
it to IPv4-translatable address.

> 3. Section 7.5 - Translating IPv6 Address and Port Number into IPv4
> Address and Port Number at the CE / IPv4 Source Address and Source Port
> Number:
>
> <quote> At the CE, the IPv4 source address MUST be derived from the IPv6
> source address (IPv6-converted address) as per FMR or DMR MAP
> [I-D.mdt-softwire-mapping-address-and-port].
>
> I guess the above text might be 'At the CE, the IPv4 source address MUST
> be derived from the IPv6 source address (IPv6-converted address) as per DMR
> MAP or the IPv6 source address (IPv6-translatable address) as per FMR MAP.'

Same as above, agree.

> 4. Section 7.5 - Translating IPv6 Address and Port Number into IPv4
> Address and Port Number at the CE / IPv4 Destination Address and
> Destination Port Number:
>
> <quote> The source port number MUST be unchanged.
>
> I supposed the above 'source port' should be 'destination port' in the
> context. And in general speaking, both source port and destination port
> don't ever change in the MAP-T function of CE & BR, right?

 Thanks. Sorry for copying error. We will correct it. Yes, in general
speaking, both source port and destination port don't ever change in the
MAP-T function of CE & BR.

Best,

Congxiao