[Softwires] Is there any intest in re-visiting the Unified CPE Problem?

wang.cui1@zte.com.cn Thu, 21 August 2014 07:14 UTC

To: ian.farrer@telekom.de
From: wang.cui1@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:14:04 +0800
Cc: softwires@ietf.org, Softwires <softwires-bounces@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe@tools.ietf.org
Subject: [Softwires] Is there any intest in re-visiting the Unified CPE Problem?

Hi,Ian

 Since multiple IPv6 transitions technologies have been deployed in
current network. It seems
urgent to have a standard draft providing a unified mechanism to integrate
these
scenarioes in a network with unifed cpe(s) and unifed network gateway(s),
as well as unified
provisioning mechanism.

 I guess it would be better advanced if some problems listed below can be
better addressed:

 1. whether it would be better to expand the IPv4-in-IPv6 softwire to all
softwires including
    IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel、IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel and translation mechanism.
Because no matter
    encapsulation or decapsulation or translation are all basic funtions
for cpe(s).It seems
    kind of limited if this draft is only restricted to IPv4-in-IPv6
softwire.

 2. It seems better to notify directly the role of the unified
cpe(s):whether this cpe is a B4
    or a lwB4 or a MAP-E CE or a MAP-T CE, through a DHCP option or
TR-069. Because it seems
    kind of complicated for the unifed cpe to ascertain what role it is.

After all, only reviving it, then we can complete it in a better fashion.

BRs,
Linda Wang

"Softwires" <softwires-bounces@ietf.org> 写于 2014-08-20 20:20:16: