Re: [Softwires] 4rd Address Mapping - version-01

Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net> Wed, 05 October 2011 07:53 UTC

From: Rémi Després <despres.remi@laposte.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:56:25 +0800
To: "Rajiv Asati (rajiva)" <rajiva@cisco.com>
Cc: softwires@ietf.org, "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <wdec@cisco.com>, xiaohong deng <dxhbupt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Softwires] 4rd Address Mapping - version-01

Le 5 oct. 2011 à 03:28, Rajiv Asati (rajiva) a écrit :

>> ability instead of the more general five-tuple based IPv4
>> classification ability should be reserved, when deliver IPv4 over
>> IPv6?
>
> How would one get 5-tuple based classification when delivering IPv4 "over" IPv6, if the v4 packet is not translated into v6?
>
> The fact of the matter is that "5-tuple" could be a luxury that may not always be available.

Questions for clarification about 5-tuple-based actions of intermediate nodes that are currently used:
- Do we know whether they generally work with IPv6 packets having extension headers?
- If yes, with which ones?
- In particular, are fragment headers always supported (with ports available only in first fragments)?

Thanks,
RD