Re: [sop] [Sdnp] FW: New Non-WG Mailing List: sop -- Service Orchestration and Desciption for Cloud Services

Ping Pan <ping@pingpan.org> Thu, 16 February 2012 15:24 UTC

From: Ping Pan <ping@pingpan.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:23:43 -0800
To: "Ashish Dalela (adalela)" <adalela@cisco.com>
Cc: Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@lucidvision.com>, "Monique Morrow (mmorrow)" <mmorrow@cisco.com>, sop@ietf.org, robert@raszuk.net, sdnp <sdnp@lucidvision.com>

Yeah, I have read all the drafts during the DC BoF discussion. In general,
this makes sense...

My thinking is that we may not want to standardize the interior DC
management, as each vendor has own solution. But at the same time, we need
to enable applications and services to ride on top of DC resources. In
other words, SDN is in the position to enable Virtual DC's, and create the
interface to communicate with networking resources at abstraction level.
SDN should not be viewed as the NMS for DC's.

There are a lot of work to be done here, and many parts are moving. Let's
work together.

Ping