Re: [sop] two architectures - which one do you prefer?

Michael Hammer <mphmmr@gmail.com> Mon, 20 February 2012 17:33 UTC

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:32:57 -0500
From: Michael Hammer <mphmmr@gmail.com>
To: "Ashish Dalela (adalela)" <adalela@cisco.com>
Cc: sop@ietf.org, "Adam Greenhalgh (agreenha)" <agreenha@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [sop] two architectures - which one do you prefer?

If you treat the "cloud" like a computer, then an OS needs to ensure that
each application plays in its own sandbox and had minimal interactions with
other applications.  The only interaction being the sharing of computer,
memory, and network resources.

If you abdicate responsibility to the applications, then you have no
security.  That would not be good.
I don't see how you would get around this.  The fathers of the Internet
confess that trusting the end-users to behave correctly because they were
trust-worthy was a  mistake.  We should not make that mistake once again.

Mike