Re: [lamps] Double signatures

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Mon, 10 September 2018 17:07 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Ryan Sleevi' <ryan-ietf@sleevi.com>, <era@x500.eu>
CC: 'SPASM' <spasm@ietf.org>, <x500standard@freelists.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 10:06:58 -0700
Subject: Re: [lamps] Double signatures

Ryan,

The discussion in London dealt with a completely different proposal than this one.  While I think there are problems with this that need to be dealt with they are mostly not the same set.

Erik,

Why is this considered to be a preferred solution to defining a new signature algorithm which contains as the parameter the sequence of algorithm identifiers and as the signature value a sequence of signature values.  The problem with just defining the extension to SIGNED is that one needs to make sure that the set of signature algorithms and parameters are also part of the data to be signed and I am not seeing that highlighted here.

Jim