Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-pq-composite-kem-18.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2026 08:58:09 -0700
List-Id: This is the mail list for the LAMPS Working Group <spasm.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-lamps-pq-composite-kem-18.txt is now available. It
is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME (LAMPS)
WG of the IETF.

   Title:   Composite ML-KEM for use in X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
   Authors: Mike Ounsworth
            John Gray
            Massimiliano Pala
            Jan Klaussner
            Scott Fluhrer
   Name:    draft-ietf-lamps-pq-composite-kem-18.txt
   Pages:   132
   Dates:   2026-07-23

Abstract:

   This document defines combinations of US NIST ML-KEM in hybrid with
   traditional algorithms RSA-OAEP, ECDH, X25519, and X448.  These
   combinations are tailored to meet security best practices and
   regulatory guidelines.  Composite ML-KEM is applicable in any
   application that uses X.509 or PKIX data structures that accept ML-
   KEM, but where the operator wants extra protection against breaks or
   catastrophic bugs in ML-KEM.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-pq-composite-kem/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-lamps-pq-composite-kem-18.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-pq-composite-kem-18

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts