Re: [Speechsc] Last Call: <draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-27.txt> (Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)) to Proposed Standard

Dan Burnett <dburnett@voxeo.com> Thu, 17 November 2011 09:00 UTC

From: Dan Burnett <dburnett@voxeo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 03:59:44 -0500
To: ietf@ietf.org
Cc: "speechsc@ietf.org (E-mail)" <speechsc@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Speechsc] Last Call: <draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-27.txt> (Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)) to Proposed Standard

Along the lines of an RFC Editor note, there are a few changes that would need to be applied to draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-27.txt before publication as a Draft Standard, assuming this draft is not superceded by another revision.

-- Dan Burnett (acting editor)

***************************************

1) In the preparation of draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-27.txt, I forgot to remove some old ABNF from the body of the document.  The following ABNF is to be removed from section 6.2.15, "Set-Cookie":

set-cookie      =       "Set-Cookie:" cookies CRLF
cookies         =       cookie *("," *LWS cookie)
cookie          =       attribute "=" value *(";" cookie-av)
cookie-av       =       "Comment" "=" value
                /       "Domain" "=" value
                /       "Max-Age" "=" value
                /       "Path" "=" value
                /       "Secure"
                /       "Version" "=" 1*19DIGIT
                /       "Age" "=" delta-seconds

2) It has been pointed out that there is no need for the entire ABNF of Set-Cookie to be copied from RFC 6265.  Thus, the following changes are recommended:

a) In section 6.2.15, "Set-Cookie",

OLD
set-cookie        = "Set-Cookie:" SP set-cookie-string
set-cookie-string = cookie-pair *( ";" SP cookie-av )
cookie-pair       = cookie-name "=" cookie-value
cookie-name       = token
cookie-value      = *cookie-octet / ( DQUOTE *cookie-octet DQUOTE )
cookie-octet      = %x21 / %x23-2B / %x2D-3A / %x3C-5B / %x5D-7E
token             = <token, defined in [RFC2616], Section 2.2>

cookie-av         = expires-av / max-age-av / domain-av /
                     path-av / secure-av / httponly-av /
                     extension-av / age-av
expires-av        = "Expires=" sane-cookie-date
sane-cookie-date  = <rfc1123-date, defined in [RFC2616], Section 3.3.1>
max-age-av        = "Max-Age=" non-zero-digit *DIGIT
non-zero-digit    = %x31-39
domain-av         = "Domain=" domain-value
domain-value      = <subdomain>
path-av           = "Path=" path-value
path-value        = <any CHAR except CTLs or ";">
secure-av         = "Secure"
httponly-av       = "HttpOnly"
extension-av      = <any CHAR except CTLs or ";">

NEW

cookie-av         =/ age-av

b) In section 6.2.15, "Set-Cookie":

OLD
   The Set-Cookie header field is specified in RFC 6265 [RFC6265].  The
   "Age" attribute is introduced in this specification to indicate the
   age of the cookie and is OPTIONAL.  An MRCPv2 client or server MUST
   calculate the age of the cookie according to the age calculation
   rules in the HTTP/1.1 specification [RFC2616] and append the "Age"
   attribute accordingly.

NEW
   The Set-Cookie header field, including ABNF, is specified in RFC 6265
   [RFC6265].  The "Age" attribute is introduced in this specification
   to indicate the age of the cookie and is OPTIONAL.  An MRCPv2 client
   or server MUST calculate the age of the cookie according to the age
   calculation rules in the HTTP/1.1 specification [RFC2616] and append
   the "Age" attribute accordingly.

c) In section 15, "ABNF Normative Definition":

[...]

; Set-Cookie is defined in RFC 6265 and extended here

cookie-av         =/ age-av