Re: [Speermint] AD review: draft-ietf-speermint-architecture-16.txt

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com> Thu, 16 December 2010 09:03 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:05:35 +0200
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
To: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood@cable.comcast.com>
Cc: "speermint@ietf.org" <speermint@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Speermint] AD review: draft-ietf-speermint-architecture-16.txt

Hi Jason,

thanks for addressing my comments. When you submit the new revision I
will take care of starting its IETF LC.

>> Section 3. Why is the sending of the BYE (step 5) more likely to be
>> performed by the target SSP than by the originating SSP?
>
> It just seemed logical as we envisioned the call flow between two people
> in our head.
>
> QUESTION: Would you like a modification there?

well, this is a small detail, so I leave it up to you whether or not you
want to state that step 5 is likely to be performed by the target SSP or
that it can be performed by either of them.

I have not seen any statistics about who is more likely to hang up when
involved in a call, the callee or the caller. However, in the PSTN, the
terminating switch will not send a REL even if the callee hangs up. This
allows the callee to hang up, move to another telephone, and pick up
there in order to continue the conversation (i.e., the single line
extension service). So, at least in the PSTN, you are much more likely
to see REL messages in the caller to callee direction.

In any case, as I said before, this is a minor point. We have probably
already spent to much time on it :o)

Thanks,

Gonzalo