Re: [spfbis] Proposed spf TXT record change

"Roy A. Gilmore" <rag@ragged-software.com> Wed, 10 February 2016 04:12 UTC

To: spfbis@ietf.org
From: "Roy A. Gilmore" <rag@ragged-software.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 20:12:49 -0800
Subject: Re: [spfbis] Proposed spf TXT record change

While I'm aware that there are "tens of thousands of mail systems all
over the world", there are only a few SMTP implementations that are run
on all those systems. You only have to get the SMTP developers on board.
This is a trivial change (maybe not a one-liner, but, close), would
simplify there code and make it more robust. This change could easily
rolled out as a bug fix. Bug fixes are released all the time, and SHOULD
be applied ASAP. If a server administrator is still using the same
version of his/her SMTP implementation next year that he/she is using
this year, he/she is not doing his/her job and should be fired.