Re: [splices] Answering an A/V Call Using Two Separate Devices proposal

"Shekh-Yusef, Rifaat (Rifaat)" <rifatyu@avaya.com> Mon, 23 May 2011 00:49 UTC

From: "Shekh-Yusef, Rifaat (Rifaat)" <rifatyu@avaya.com>
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 20:49:05 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "splices@ietf.org" <splices@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [splices] Answering an A/V Call Using Two Separate Devices proposal

You are then proposing the following:

Alice used her *phone* to answer the incoming call
    |                     |                     |                     |
    |                     | 200 OK [Audio]      |                     |
    |                     |-------------------->|                     |
    |                     |                     | 200 OK [Audio]      |
    |                     |                     |-------------------->|
    | CANCEL              |                     |                     |
    |<------------------------------------------|                     |
    |                     |                     |                     |
    |                     |<---dialog1------------------------------->|
    |                     |<======audio==============================>|
    |                     |                     |                     |
    | INVITE Alert-Info and [Video]             |                     |
    |<--------------------|                     |                     |

What happens here?
Will the user be required to take an action on the PC to accept the INVITE?
Or you are expecting the PC to provide an answer without user intervention?

    | 200 OK [Video]      |                     |                     |
    |<--------------------|                     |                     |
    |                     | re-INVITE [A/V]     |                     |
    |                     |-------------------->|                     |
    |                     |                     | re-INVITE [A/V]     |
    |                     |                     |-------------------->|
    |                     |                     | 200 OK [A/V]        |
    | ACK                 |                     |                     |