Re: [spring] Is srv6 PSP a good idea

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Fri, 13 December 2019 22:25 UTC

To: "Voyer, Daniel" <daniel.voyer@bell.ca>, "spring@ietf.org" <spring@ietf.org>
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 17:25:33 -0500
Subject: Re: [spring] Is srv6 PSP a good idea

That is an udnerstandable argument, ... except:

It does not acknowledge that there is a cost for this capability, or
discuss the tradeoff.  PSP clearly has a cost.

Also, that does not match my reading of the definition of the SR domain.
  In fact, it becomes very confusing as to whether the PE is or is not
part of the SR domain, since there is nothing in that scenario that
requires any control participation from the egress PE.   Many of the
SRv6 arguments rely heavily on the notion of domain.   Blurring that
boundary makes things quite confusing.  For example, if the egress PE
does not understand SRv6 data plane behavior, can it enforce teh
requisite boundary properties?

Yours,
Joel