Re: [spring] Regaining Focus on SRv6 and SRv6+

Huzhibo <huzhibo@huawei.com> Sat, 07 September 2019 04:57 UTC

From: Huzhibo <huzhibo@huawei.com>
To: Robert Raszuk <rraszuk@gmail.com>, Ron Bonica <rbonica=40juniper.net@dmarc.ietf.org>
CC: "spring@ietf.org" <spring@ietf.org>, "6man@ietf.org" <6man@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2019 04:57:34 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.219.232]
Subject: Re: [spring] Regaining Focus on SRv6 and SRv6+

Hi Robert:

Agree with you.
SRv6 is a completely different technology from SR MPLS. The biggest difference is that SRv6's Sid itself has routing capabilities. For example, it is aggregatable, it is programmable, it is globally unique over a larger scope. of. Sid's routing capabilities bring many benefits to the network. For example: network scalability, reliability, and simplified Overlay programming. So, I think that any optimization we do for SRv6 should not sacrifice Sid's own routing capabilities. If we just want to solve the interoperability problem between MPLS network and IP network, we can solve this problem in the field of SR MPLS.

Thank you,
Zhibo