Subject: [spring] WG Adoption Call for draft-dong-spring-srv6-inter-layer-programming
From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
To: SPRING WG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 12:05:25 -0700
List-Id: "Source Packet Routing in NetworkinG (SPRING)" <spring.ietf.org>

Dear WG:

This message starts a two-week adoption call for
draft-dong-spring-srv6-inter-layer-programming, ending on April/16. From
the Abstract:

   Following the SRv6 Network Programming concept, this document defines
   SRv6 based mechanisms for inter-layer network programming, which can
   help to integrate the packet network layer with its underlying layers
   efficiently.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-spring-srv6-inter-layer-programming/

Please review the draft and consider whether you support its adoption by
the WG. Please share any thoughts with the list to indicate support or
opposition -- this is not a vote.

If you are willing to provide a more in-depth review, please state it
explicitly to give the chairs an indication of the energy level in the
working group willing to work on the document.

WG adoption is the start of the process. The fundamental question is
whether you agree the proposal is worth the WG's time to work on and
whether this draft represents a good starting point. The chairs are
particularly interested in hearing the opinions of people who are not
authors of the document.

Thanks!

Alvaro (for the Chairs)