Re: [spring] 6MAN WGLC: draft-ietf-6man-sids

Chongfeng Xie <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn> Sat, 01 October 2022 02:24 UTC

Sender: xiechf@chinatelecom.cn
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 10:24:10 +0800
From: Chongfeng Xie <xiechf@chinatelecom.cn>
To: Jen Linkova <furry13@gmail.com>, IPv6 List <ipv6@ietf.org>, spring <spring@ietf.org>
Cc: 6man Chairs <6man-chairs@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-6man-sids.authors" <draft-ietf-6man-sids.authors@ietf.org>, spring-chairs <spring-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [spring] 6MAN WGLC: draft-ietf-6man-sids

Hi,folks
I support the progress the draft for its publiction.  In addition, I have the following suggestion and comment,
I suggest that the title of the draft be changed to better reflect its purpose and content. The current title seems to be an explanation of a terminalogy of SRv6. In fact, this draft mainly introduces the behavior of SRv6 SIDs and the relationship between SRv6 SIDs and IPv6 addressing architecture.
It is mentioned in section 5 that "allocate some address space that explicitly signals that the addresses within that space are not intended to comply with [RFC4291].", I‘d like to know where to Signal in the network? Is any new protocol needed to signal?

Best regards
Chongfeng

xiechf@chinatelecom.cn