Subject: [spring] Re: draft-ietf-spring-srv6-security-11 early Rtgdir review
From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Alston <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2026 09:10:42 -0500
List-Id: "Source Packet Routing in NetworkinG (SPRING)" <spring.ietf.org>

On March 2, 2026 at 6:18:21 AM, Andrew Alston wrote:

Andrew:

Hi!

Thanks for the review!

I'm replying just to the status question.

...
> Secondly - from my perspective I believe a document such as this should
> probably be a BCP - but this may come later. My question is why this
document
> is purely informational rather than a BCP?

BCP was the intended status until recently.  The Shepherd proposed a
change, and there were no objections on the mailing list.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/mcJKKEuhVAxOvxUqhx_ZnNV28Uk/

Take care!

Alvaro.