Re: [spring] Resignation request

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Wed, 04 March 2020 04:30 UTC

To: Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@gmail.com>, Sander Steffann <sander@steffann.nl>
Cc: SPRING WG List <spring@ietf.org>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 12:30:22 +0800
Subject: Re: [spring] Resignation request

Stewart, et.al.,

First, there has been some ambivalence regarding what the issue with
an AD taking this type of decission.

- there is no doubt that an AD may take this decision, module enough
   involvement in the wg and giódd understanding of the issues

- it might be discussed if the right decision were taken, from my
   point of view (personal opinion) I can live with this decision

Comment on Stewart's comment inline.

On 03/03/2020 20:32, Stewart Bryant wrote:

>> On 2 Mar 2020, at 21:43, Sander Steffann <sander@steffann.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I have no information about the situation but I do not understand why an AD would be declaring consensus in any case -
>>> that is normally the responsibility of WG chairs.  see RFC 2418 section 3.3
>>
>> The only active/available WG chair was a co-author of this draft.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sander
>>

> As a WGC that has been in a position where the chairs had a CoI, I(we) asked the WG Secretary to manage the document, and that is what other WGs do. Look at the DetNet data plane drafts as an example. That means that the decision is taken at the lowest level and leaves the AD continue in the oversight role.

Yes - a much better practice. You could also appoint working group chair
from another group as "shepherd" and explicitly delegate the task to
call consensus after the wglc.

I think that PALS did this for me once when both chairs were draft
authors.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@pi.nu