Re: [spring] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc-02

<bruno.decraene@orange.com> Wed, 22 February 2017 13:00 UTC

From: bruno.decraene@orange.com
To: "spring@ietf.org" <spring@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:00:17 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.5]
Subject: Re: [spring] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc-02

Please find below some additional points

1)      "Abstract

   This document describes the motivation and benefits for applying
   segment routing in the data-center.  It describes the design to
   deploy segment routing in the data-center, for both the MPLS and IPv6
   dataplanes. »

It looks to me that this document is limited to BGP-based large-scale data-center  (DC) design described in [RFC7938].
So may be
:s/ the data-center./ BGP-based large-scale data-center.
:s/ in the data-center,/ in those data-center,

2)      For the document write up, are there any known deployment of draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc?

3)      § 2.1.  Reference design

"   o  Each node is its own AS (Node X has AS X)

      *  For simple and efficient route propagation filtering, Nodes 5,
         6, 7 and 8 share the same AS, Nodes 3 and 4 share the same AS,
         Nodes 9 and 10 share the same AS.

      *  For efficient usage of the scarce 2-byte Private Use AS pool,
         different Tier-3 nodes might share the same AS.

      *  Without loss of generality, we will simplify these details in
         this document and assume that each node has its own AS."

First 2 bullets are contradicting each other's.
Please update/rephrase as needed.

4)         [I-D.ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid] could be seen as a normative document. IDR WG is also initiating the WG last call, hence both document could progress together.

Thanks,
Regards,
Bruno