Re: [ssm] msnip status

Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net> Thu, 20 October 2005 10:33 UTC

From: Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net>
Subject: Re: [ssm] msnip status
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:32:25 -0400
To: Toerless Eckert <eckert@cisco.com>
Sender: ssm-bounces@ietf.org

Toerless,
      As has already been said, the amount of community involvement in
the MSNIP work has been less than stellar.  I know of several scenarios
where resource problems are encountered due to lack of feedback to
multicast sources.  Multicast sources attached via low-speed or
wireless links is an example.

      I could get on my soapbox and rant about how the IETF work
requires active participation from many people in order to make it
successful.  And in this case, as well as others, the lack of active
participation has been the downfall.

Regards,
Brian