[stir] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-03: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 28 June 2021 09:30 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226@ietf.org, stir-chairs@ietf.org, stir@ietf.org, rjsparks@nostrum.com, ben@nostrum.com, ben@nostrum.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 02:30:36 -0700
Subject: [stir] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-03: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226/

COMMENT:

Hi,

Thanks for the document, despite not being my area of expertise I found it easy
to read and understand.

A couple of minor comments:

(1) Like Erik, when reading section 4, I was wondering whether it would be
helpful to have an example that included both mustInclude and permittedValues.
But of course, I note that you effectively do that in section 5.

(2) In the security section, it states:

   Certificate issuers should not include an entry in mustExclude for
   the "rcdi" claim for a certificate that will be used with the
   PASSporT Extension for Rich Call Data defined in
   [I-D.ietf-stir-passport-rcd].  Excluding this claim would prevent the
   integrity protection mechanism from working properly.

I was wondering whether it would be helpful to include this as RFC 2119 SHOULD
NOT in 3, or perhaps have a forward reference from the section 3 description of
mustExclude to the "rcdi" consideration in the security section.

Regards,
Rob