[stir] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-certificates-12: (with COMMENT)

Alexey Melnikov <aamelnikov@fastmail.fm> Thu, 23 March 2017 11:24 UTC

From: Alexey Melnikov <aamelnikov@fastmail.fm>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-stir-certificates@ietf.org, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, stir-chairs@ietf.org, rjsparks@nostrum.com, stir@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 04:24:41 -0700
Subject: [stir] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-certificates-12: (with COMMENT)

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stir-certificates-12: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-certificates/

COMMENT:

Thank you for addressing my DISCUSS. The latest revision has introduced
some minor errors which I don't think are intentional:

8.  JWT Claim Constraints Syntax

   The subjects of certificates containing the JWT Claim Constraints
   certificate extension are specifies values for PASSporT claims that
   are permitted, values for PASSporT claims that are excluded, or
both.
   The syntax of these claims is given in PASSporT; specifying new
   claims follows the procedures in [I-D.ietf-stir-passport]
   (Section 8.3).  When a verifier is validating PASSporT claims, the
   JWT claim MUST contain permitted values, and MUST NOT contain
   excluded values.  The non-critical JWT Claim Constraints certificate
   extension is included in the extension field of end entity
   certificates [RFC5280].  The extension is defined with ASN.1
   [X.680][X.681][X.682] [X.683].

The above text lists "excluded" claims several times, but you removed
excluded from the ASN.1:

    JWTClaimConstraint ::= SEQUENCE {
      claim IA5String,
      permitted SEQUENCE OF IA5String
          }

 So I think the text needs to be edited to be correct or you need to fix
the ASN.1

In Section 9:

ServiceProviderCodeList ::= SEQUENCE SIZE (1..3) OF
  IA%String

Typo: IA5String