[stir] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-oob-06: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 03 December 2019 16:13 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-stir-oob@ietf.org, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, stir-chairs@ietf.org, rjsparks@nostrum.com, stir@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 08:13:56 -0800
Subject: [stir] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-oob-06: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stir-oob-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-oob/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document.

BTW, I second Mirja's question about the doc status. Else, see below for minor
COMMENTs.

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 4 --
It is really unclear to me how the system could work if there is no discovery
mechanisms for the CPS (even if section 10 is devoted to discovery). Else, I am
fearing having one CPS per smart phone OS or any other fragmentation...

-- Section 6 --
" transport-level security can provide confidentiality from eavesdroppers for
both the storage", while I agree that TLS provides confidentiality for
eavesdroppers, I wonder how it can protect the storage (data at rest) ? Or am I
reading the sentence incorrectly ?

-- Section 7.4 --
Should this section "Substitution Attacks" be a sub-section of section 7.3
"Security Analysis" ?

In the time diagram, it is not clear at reading the figure what CS stands for
(need to read the text below) also unclear who is initiating 'Call from CS': is
it the attacker?