Re: [storm] [nfsv4] [tsv-area] Application protocol for distributed storage

Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU> Sat, 16 January 2010 06:12 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:12:27 -0800
From: Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>
To: Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams@sun.com>
Cc: Wesley Leggette <wleggette@cleversafe.com>, TSV Area <tsv-area@ietf.org>, "nfsv4@ietf.org" <nfsv4@ietf.org>, "storm@ietf.org" <storm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [storm] [nfsv4] [tsv-area] Application protocol for distributed storage

Hi, all,

Nicolas Williams wrote:
>>> It's always easiest to submit an individual I-D first, then see where to
>>> place it, AFAICT.
>> Then we will do that for now, taking into account your other suggestions.
>
> The process roughly goes like this:
>
>  - Submit some individual submission Internet-Drafts (e.g.,
>    draft-leggette-my-distributed-storage-protocol-00).

- - figure out whether that doc should be handled in an existing WG
	- this can happen by review, or by making a brief presentation
	on one of the area meetings at the next IETF

BoFs can be useful if the result suggests significant effort is needed
(new WG or substantial recharter of existing WG), but this intermediate
step is useful in getting feedback.

Joe