Re: [storm] iSCSI: Protocol extension items

Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <cbm@chadalapaka.com> Thu, 05 July 2012 18:08 UTC

From: Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <cbm@chadalapaka.com>
To: "david.black@emc.com" <david.black@emc.com>, "storm@ietf.org" <storm@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:08:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [131.107.174.123]
Subject: Re: [storm] iSCSI: Protocol extension items

David,

Thanks for the follow-up.

I'd be OK leaving X-keys intact, assuming that's an acceptable answer to IESG.

Regarding "IETF Review" requirement, I think we are already on that path. Section 5 in RFC 4850 already effectively makes these changes. Excerpt:

   4) In Section 13.3, the description of allowed RFC types for
      extension items is changed from "The RFC may be informational
      rather than Standards-Track," to "The RFC MUST be standards track,
      experimental, or informational,"

   5) In Section 13.5.2, the phrase "standards track" is changed to
      "standards track or experimental" in the last sentence of the
      first paragraph, so that the sentence reads: "If the specification
      is a standards track or experimental document, the usual IETF
      procedures for such documents are followed."

I was planning to bring these changes over into current text in consolidated draft, in my promised updates for this thread.

Mallikarjun