Re: [storm] iSCSI Level and Version

Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <cbm@chadalapaka.com> Fri, 19 August 2011 00:39 UTC

From: Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <cbm@chadalapaka.com>
To: "'Knight, Frederick'" <Frederick.Knight@netapp.com>, storm@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:39:36 -0700
Subject: Re: [storm] iSCSI Level and Version

I agree with Fred.  I think we should mark the key as IO (Initialize-Only)
in terms of when it can be used.

As far as what the iSCSIProtocolLevel indicates though, it may communicate
changes in PDU format and/or end node semantics.  IOW, there is no reason to
limit this exclusively to signal PDU format changes.  Hope that makes sense.

Changing the format of the Login-related PDUs is an interesting question.  I
would think that Version number should be bumped up to cover that scenario.

Thanks.

Mallikarjun