[storm] FW: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-storm-ifcpmib-06.txt

"David B Harrington" <dbharrington@comcast.net> Tue, 02 November 2010 16:08 UTC

From: David B Harrington <dbharrington@comcast.net>
To: storm@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 00:08:11 +0800
Subject: [storm] FW: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-storm-ifcpmib-06.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: David Harrington [mailto:ietfdbh@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 12:05 AM
To: 'Joan Cucchiara'; 'Romascanu, Dan (Dan)'

Hi Joan,

We deliberately did NOT deprecate the enumeration value because
deprecated places special requirements on a MIB module. So I think
putting in the "-- deprecated" comment in the TC is wrong. We are NOT
deprecating the enumeration value. We are only changing the compliance
requirements, per Bert's suggestion.

Despite the warning from SMICNG, we deliberately put in the object
clause in the old compliance clause saying both enumerations were
required for compliance, and in the new compliance clause syaing only
transparent is required. I think that is what Bert recommended.

I'll work with the author to update the description clauses.

dbh

IFCP-MIB).