Re: [storm] iSCSI consolidated draft: Authentication consistency

"Black, David" <david.black@emc.com> Tue, 19 March 2013 01:34 UTC

From: "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>
To: "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>, Julian Satran <julian@satran.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:33:55 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "storm@ietf.org" <storm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [storm] iSCSI consolidated draft: Authentication consistency

I've checked w/Julian offline - the upshot is roughly the following:

The identity binding has to be done, and it could be simplified by
algorithmically deriving the short identities (there are potential
problems when the shorter identities collide because two longer strings
hash to the same short one), but use or reuse of other authentication
identities is fine.

I think that's enough to set direction for the text that will be needed
for both issues in this thread.

Thanks,
--David (storm WG co-chair)