Re: [storm] I_T nexus identifier editorial

<david.black@emc.com> Tue, 22 November 2011 20:06 UTC

From: david.black@emc.com
To: cbm@chadalapaka.com, storm@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:05:30 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [storm] I_T nexus identifier editorial

> I have just taken a quick look at Table A.6 on SAM-5 Annex A.  I think it
> has a potential issue: the verbiage restricts the hex prefix to just the
> lower case, i.e. "0x".  In contrast, RFC 3720 and the consolidated draft
> explicitly allow either upper or lower case - "0x" or "0X" hex prefix.  I
> believe the best place to fix this disconnect would be in the SAM-5 spec.

I agree - RFC 3720 is the normative reference for this format (to be superseded by
the consolidated iSCSI draft), whereas Annex A of SAM-5 is informative.  I suspect
that allowance of both upper case and lower case 'x' was missed in putting Annex A
of SAM-5 together and a corrective proposal to T10 is in order.  I'll work offline
with some other T10 participants to pull that corrective proposal together.

The current plan is to submit both the iSCSI consolidated draft and iSCSI new
features (SAM) draft to our AD and the IESG sometime in December.

Thanks,
--David