Re: [storm] iSCSI Node Name for SCSI (composite) Device

<Paul_Koning@Dell.com> Fri, 09 September 2011 10:48 UTC

From: <Paul_Koning@Dell.com>
To: <cbm@chadalapaka.com>, <storm@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 05:50:05 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [storm] iSCSI Node Name for SCSI (composite) Device

I'm wondering if this creates an issue with CHAP based authentication.  Assuming the node name is the CHAP username, you'd have a CHAP secret associated with that name.  Since there are two roles, it means the same secret is used for both directions, which violates an explicit prohibition in the existing spec (because it enables reflection attacks).

Is that not an issue here, or is it one that can be avoided by additional constraints?  If so it would be worth spelling out how.

	paul