Re: [storm] WG Last Call comments on consolidated iSCSI draft

Ralph Weber <roweber@ieee.org> Mon, 29 August 2011 19:35 UTC

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:36:35 -0500
From: Ralph Weber <roweber@ieee.org>
To: storm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [storm] WG Last Call comments on consolidated iSCSI draft

A necessary nuance between Operating Systems and initiator products
is missing in the rewrite. How about:

Some operating systems depend on SCSI ACA to enforce ordered command
execution during error recovery, and hence iSCSI initiator implementations
for those operating systems need to support ACA.  In order to support
error recovery for these operating systems and iSCSI initiators, iSCSI
targets SHOULD support ACA.

All the best,

.Ralph