Re: [Stox] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-stox-7248bis-05

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> Mon, 07 December 2015 00:51 UTC

To: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 17:51:44 -0700
Cc: stox@ietf.org, draft-ietf-stox-7248bis.all@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Stox] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-stox-7248bis-05

Yes, I'm cleaning up the conformance keywords, too.

This is the substantive modification:

OLD

  if
  the SIP-to-XMPP gateway has meaningful information about the
  availability state of the XMPP user (e.g., obtained from the core
  presence session in the XMPP server) then the NOTIFY MUST communicate
  that information

NEW

  if the
  SIP-to-XMPP gateway has meaningful information about the availability
  state of the XMPP user (e.g., obtained from the core presence session
  in the XMPP server or learned by sending a presence probe as
  described under Section 7) then the NOTIFY communicates that
  information

I looked for another place to add a forward reference to Section 7 but I
haven't found it yet. However, adding it only to this parenthetical
clause seems a bit weak.

Peter