Re: [Stox] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stox-im-04.txt

"Olle E. Johansson" <oej@edvina.net> Tue, 01 October 2013 07:38 UTC

From: "Olle E. Johansson" <oej@edvina.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 09:38:40 +0200
To: miconda@gmail.com
Cc: stox@ietf.org, "Olle E. Johansson" <oej@edvina.net>
Subject: Re: [Stox] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stox-im-04.txt

Hello,
A few random notes:

- Call-ID examples always have a domain in the call id in this draft. As the Call-ID is just a random string, I would prefer either hostname
  to follow the requirements to make it globally unique, or just a random string. I do not want developers to
  believe that attaching a domain is recommended behaviour.

- Maybe some examples should include international character sets. Julia says

"Jag kommer, Romeo! Din skål jag dricker!"

or Romeo:

"Om jag får sömnens smicker-öga tro,
Så bådar drömmen mig en fröjdfull nyhet."

This is still plain text, but not ASCII...

Table2: (But maybe this is back to core)
- Translation of r-uri to to: header thus overriding the To: header is something worth discussing,
  if it hasn't been discussed yet. The SIP To: header is the original destination of the message,
  and the R-uri is the current target.

Additional notes:

- A SIP MESSAGE can fork. The draft doesn't mention that, something that may have impact
  on implementations. There's a JID on one side - but a forking address on the other side of this spec.
- A SIP MESSAGE can be delivered inside of a dialog and outside of a dialog. Inside of a dialog
   is maybe out of scope for this draft, but in that case the remote target will be a contact address,
   maybe even a GRUU.

/O