Re: [Stox] WGLC for draft-ietf-stox-core-06

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> Thu, 17 October 2013 22:39 UTC

Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:39:40 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
To: Philipp Hancke <fippo@goodadvice.pages.de>
Cc: stox@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Stox] WGLC for draft-ietf-stox-core-06

On 10/17/13 3:30 PM, Philipp Hancke wrote:
> Am 08.10.2013 12:35, schrieb Yana Stamcheva:
>> The editors and the chairs believe that the following draft is now
>> ready and hereby start a 2-week Working Group Last Call for:
>
> Overall the document is looking good to me.
>
> Nits:
> - in section 1 it could abbreviate the XMPP Standards foundation as XSF

Sure.

> - section 3: "application specific connection managers" reminds me of
>   the terminology used by the first jabberd server. Is that clear to
>   everyone else?

Hmm. Well, some XMPP servers have supported things like connections from
SMS or SIP or HTTP or Web Services etc. That's usually been done using
code that we traditionally have called a connection manager. I'm not
sure of a better, more descriptive term.

But "protocol-specific connection managers" seems a bit better.

> - there is an extra whitespace before the opening parenthesis in the
>   second paragraph of section 3. I'm also wondering if it would make
>   sense to transform the parenthesised text into a Note:

WFM.

> - the most recent version of XEP 0106 is from June 2007, not May 2005 as
> stated in section 9.2

Noted.

Thanks!

Peter