[Stox] Review on -presence

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul@ag-projects.com> Tue, 30 July 2013 15:33 UTC

From: =?windows-1252?Q?Sa=FAl_Ibarra_Corretg=E9?= <saul@ag-projects.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:33:18 +0200
To: "stox@ietf.org" <stox@ietf.org>
Subject: [Stox] Review on -presence

Hi,

Here is my review of the -presence document:

- Sec 3.3.2 suggests that if the subscription is maintained but we have no presence state, a PIDF would be generated with a basic status of closed, but what would be the tuple ID, if we don't know any resource for this user anymore? We could also send an empty NOTIFY, which would achieve the same goal.

- Sec 3.3.2 specifies how to handle the case when a gateway translated a SIP subscription into an XMPP subscription and then the SIP side decided to end it, but doesn't mention what to do in case the XMPP side decides to end it. It should send a NOTIFY with Subscription-State: terminated;reason=rejected.

- Sec 4.1, "Instant Message URI of the form <pres:user@domain>" - shouldn't this be "Presence URI of the form…" ?

- Using ID-123kdklejd doesn't seem to work as a valid xs:ID, TID-1234 does work though, so we could use TID- as the prefix for tuple identifiers in examples and such.

- Table 6 suggests that the Call-ID header should be matched to the presence stanza id, but the called won't change throughout the whole dialog, so we should use something else, which changes for each SIP transaction, what about the Via branch? Table 7 uses CSeq, FWIW.

- Table 6 suggests that priority is translated as the PIDF priority for a tuple, but that's an attribute of the contact element, which we don't mention, but I guess we should. Also, the priority in PIDF is a float between 0 and 1, is it the same for XMPP?

- Sec 4.3, the translated XMPP stanza contains the full JID of Juliet, but where did we get the resource from? Shouldn't it go to the bare JID?

* Editorial nits:

- Many example requests lack a To header
- Sec 3.2.3: "gateway SHOULD a presence stanza" -> "gateway SHOULD send a presence stanza"

Cheers,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects