Re: [Supa] updating SUPA framework draft

Zhoutianran <zhoutianran@huawei.com> Tue, 29 November 2016 01:47 UTC

From: Zhoutianran <zhoutianran@huawei.com>
To: "xiechf01@gmail.com" <xiechf01@gmail.com>, "diego.r.lopez" <diego.r.lopez@telefonica.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 01:47:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.156.116]
Cc: Jonathan Hansford <jonathan@hansfords.net>, "draft-ietf-supa-policy-based-management-framework@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-supa-policy-based-management-framework@ietf.org>, "Liushucheng (Will)" <liushucheng@huawei.com>, supa <supa@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Supa] updating SUPA framework draft

Hi Chongfeng,

I made this change because of my read from the charter that SUPA data model can “be input to a network management function (within a controller, an orchestrator, or a network element)”.
System architecture varies. Indeed you mentioned one case.
In principle, network element can also accept policy. But whether to show on this figure depends on the scope of SUPA.
Do you imply the device policy is out of the SUPA scope?

Best,
Tianran