Re: [Syslog] Status of syslog/dtls ISSUES

"Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <jsalowey@cisco.com> Mon, 21 June 2010 22:25 UTC

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:25:58 -0700
From: "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <jsalowey@cisco.com>
To: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>, "Chris Lonvick (clonvick)" <clonvick@cisco.com>, syslog@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Syslog] Status of syslog/dtls ISSUES

I think DCCP features isn't really much clearer.  Perhaps the following
would be better,

"Implementations of this specification MUST support DTLS over UDP and
MUST support the DTLS over
 DCCP [RFC5238] CCIDs and service name specified in this document."

This still seems to mandate a DCCP implementation to be compliant with
the spec.

syslog@ietf.org