Re: [T2TRG] Report from breakout on using application credentials to enable network access

Dan García Carrillo <dan.garcia@um.es> Thu, 13 April 2017 22:45 UTC

From: Dan García Carrillo <dan.garcia@um.es>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 00:45:28 +0200
Cc: Dan García Carrillo <dan.garcia@um.es>
To: t2trg@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [T2TRG] Report from breakout on using application credentials to enable network access

Dear all:

Regarding the topic of  network access for IoT devices.
We are currently working on that, using RADIUS and EAP. Concretely, we are using CoAP to transport EAP messages. The proposal is in draft-marin-ace-wg-coap-eap.

We have a functional prototype of the protocol for Contiki O.S. and we have performed some tests comparing the performance to PANATIKI's implementation of the PANA protocol for Contiki O.S shown in this article. http://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/16/3/358

We are currently working on the concept of CoAP relay and proxy for network access authentication.

Questions are welcome.
Best Regards,
Dan.