[T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-secure-bootstrapping-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Wed, 07 April 2021 18:12 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Cc: t2trg@irtf.org
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 11:12:10 -0700
Subject: [T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-secure-bootstrapping-00.txt

This draft is a work item of the Thing-to-Thing RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Secure IoT Bootstrapping: A Survey
        Authors         : Mohit Sethi
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Dan Garcia-Carrillo
	Filename        : draft-irtf-t2trg-secure-bootstrapping-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-04-07

Abstract:
   This draft provides an overview of the various terms that are used
   when discussing bootstrapping of IoT devices.  We document terms that
   have been used within the IETF as well as other standards bodies.  We
   investigate if the terms refer to the same phenomena or have subtle
   differences.  We provide recommendations on the applicability of
   terms in different contexts.  Finally, this document presents a
   survey of secure bootstrapping mechanisms available for smart objects
   that are part of an Internet of Things (IoT) network.  The survey
   does not prescribe any one mechanism and rather presents IoT
   developers with different options to choose from, depending on their
   use-case, security requirements, and the user interface available on
   their IoT devices.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-secure-bootstrapping/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-secure-bootstrapping-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-secure-bootstrapping-00