Re: [tcmtf] Community Neworks: any idea about them?

"Jose Saldana" <jsaldana@unizar.es> Fri, 11 October 2013 15:40 UTC

From: Jose Saldana <jsaldana@unizar.es>
To: l.wood@surrey.ac.uk, tsv-area@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:40:25 +0200
Cc: tcmtf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tcmtf] Community Neworks: any idea about them?

Hi, Lloyd. Thanks a lot for the link! It is really interesting: a country
with 1400 people sharing a single satellite connection. In fact, it is
similar to Alcalalí, the village in Spain, in which also 1400 people share
the Internet access provided by the local Council.
(http://www.alcalali.es/ver/137/informacion-general.html).

With real-time I was trying to say "services with 100, 200 or 300 ms delay
limit", i.e. the ones we are considering in this tcm-tf draft
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf/?include_te
xt=1), i.e. VoIP, online games or remote desktop.

Thanks again,

Jose

Alicante, Spain.