Re: [tcmtf] Using the concept of "latency budget" for TCM-TF

"Jose Saldana" <jsaldana@unizar.es> Tue, 18 February 2014 08:45 UTC

From: Jose Saldana <jsaldana@unizar.es>
To: 'Luigi Iannone' <ggx@gigix.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 09:45:20 +0100
Cc: tcmtf@ietf.org, tsv-area@ietf.org, 'Joe Touch' <touch@isi.edu>
Subject: Re: [tcmtf] Using the concept of "latency budget" for TCM-TF

Sure.

We have studied the effect of the added delay (and jitter) on different
services: VoIP, games. We have even used subjective quality estimators in
order to see the degradation as a function of the period.

We can include some ideas in the second draft (Delay Limits and Multiplexing
Policies to be employed with Tunneling Compressed Multiplexed Traffic Flows,
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suznjevic-tsvwg-mtd-tcmtf/

Thanks,

Jose
PS:
A paper about the effect on VoIP:

Jose Saldana, Julian Fernandez-Navajas, Jose Ruiz-Mas, Jenifer Murillo,
Eduardo Viruete, Jose I. Aznar, "Evaluating the Influence of Multiplexing
Schemes and Buffer Implementation on Perceived VoIP Conversation Quality,"
Computer Networks (Elsevier), Volume 56, Issue 7, Pages 1893-1919, May 2012.
doi 10.1016/j.comnet.2012.02.004

Another one about the effect on a game:

Jose Saldana, Julian Fernandez-Navajas, Jose Ruiz-Mas, Eduardo Viruete
Navarro, Luis Casadesus, "Online FPS Games: Effect of Router Buffer and
Multiplexing Techniques on Subjective Quality Estimators," Multimedia Tools
and Applications, Springer. doi 10.1007/s11042-012-1309-4