Re: [tcmtf] Using the concept of "latency budget" for TCM-TF

"Jose Saldana" <jsaldana@unizar.es> Fri, 07 February 2014 08:44 UTC

From: Jose Saldana <jsaldana@unizar.es>
To: 'Joe Touch' <touch@isi.edu>, tcmtf@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 09:44:16 +0100
Cc: tsv-area@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tcmtf] Using the concept of "latency budget" for TCM-TF

Hi, Joe,

Thanks for the info. You are right.

The only question that is different in TCM-TF is that we have to multiplex
packets, so for certain services we must define a "multiplexing period" (the
added delay is half the period in average). In this case, we can control
this portion of the added delay. We can tune the period if the latency gets
modified.

This is why I thought that was interesting here: we can control and tune a
part of the latency in this case.

> Joe

Thanks!

Jose